The Benefits of Residential Security Cameras
Can installing security cameras on your home and property really help keep you safer? The answer is a resounding “yes”. Three key benefits of installing residential security cameras are:
1) Security Cameras Deter Crime: Just the presence of security cameras helps deter would-be criminals before they make your home a target. One study found that 60% of burglars said they would rather choose a different target than attempt to break into a home with residential security cameras.
2) Security Cameras Provide Evidence: In the unfortunate event of a burglary, you want every tool possible to catch the perpetrator. Security cameras are the ultimate eyewitness, potentially recording the identity of the burglar and the evidence of their crimes. When someone is so bold as to break into your property, cameras can ensure they are caught, potentially resulting in the return of your valuables.
3) Security Cameras Can Lower Homeowner's Insurance: The installation of security cameras and a security system can help lower insurance costs. Some report as much as a 20% reduction in insurance premiums when they improve security measures at the homes.
Can You DIY Security Camera Installation?
You can purchase and install your own security cameras for your home. If you know what you are doing, it is possible to perform your own installation. If you do choose to DIY the installation process, make sure you research to determine how many cameras you need, where they should be installed, how to wire them properly, and what maintenance is required.
Should You Hire a Professional Security Camera Installer?
Although it is possible to install your own security cameras, Integrity Security recommends contacting a professional installation company before you purchase your equipment. There are several reasons you should hire a professional security camera installer.
- A professional security camera installer will help ensure cameras are installed properly. They will provide the highest quality installation process, make sure any necessary wires are installed appropriately, and your cameras are properly protected.
- A professional security camera installer will know where to place your cameras for the best coverage. Having cameras is a deterrent, but you want to make sure your cameras can properly gather evidence and help identify any criminal or nefarious activity.
- A professional security camera installer will be able to walk you through the best practices for your cameras, how to use them, and how to maintain them.
- A professional security camera installer will likely be able to identify potential blind spots or areas of your property that need better security.
If you choose to utilize a professional security company to install your residential security cameras, they will become an asset to you for protecting your home and family. Integrity Security would be happy to provide you with more information about how to secure your property to deter potential burglary and criminal activity.
For residents of the foothills and piedmont of North Carolina, installing residential security cameras is one of the best decisions you can make for protecting the things that matter most, your family and property. We are here to answer any questions you have about cameras and security systems, so you can make the best decision possible. Contact Integrity Security for more information about residential security camera installation.