What Are Burglar Alarms?
Burglar alarms are devices that automatically detect forced entry into a home or commercial building. When triggered, they can emit a loud noise, often a ringing sound that will deter a burglar from entering. While the sound alone may be enough to scare off a person breaking in, a burglar alarm can be combined with a residential home monitoring system. With a security monitoring system, the burglar alarm can be used to alert police and a central monitoring center. These systems can include additional features such as:
- A voice that comes over the loudspeaker to further deter the would-be burglar
- Security cameras that begin recording as soon as they detect motion
- Motion-sensing security lights that ensure no one can sneak around your property
- Window, door, and glass break sensors
- Doorbell cameras
- Alerts and even real-time visuals of your property sent to a smartphone or tablet
Burglar alarms help keep you, your family, and your property safe.
Why Do You Need a Burglar Alarm?
How can installing a burglar alarm help you keep your family and property safe? Burglar alarms are a vital tool for home and property owners. Not only can they scare off and potentially help catch a burglar, but they also drastically reduce the threat of your house being a target in the first place. Here are five key reasons for installing a burglar alarm in your home:
1. Burglar Alarms Alert Homeowners: The moment a burglar attempts to enter your home, your burglar alarm will alert you to danger and provide a chance to take action to protect your family. They give you a chance to protect yourself and your loved ones.
2. Burglar Alarms Alert Authorities: In conjunction with a residential security monitoring system, your burglar alarms can immediately alert authorities to a potential break-in whether or not you are home. If you are present, you know help is on the way. With a system that alerts your phone, you can know not to return home until your property has been secured.
3. Burglar Alarms Reduce Burglaries: Burglar alarms are not just for alerting you and authorities about an active break-in. They deter the potential for your house to be a target. Security systems make your home 60% less likely to be burglarized.
4. Burglar Alarms Can Reduce Insurance Costs: A burglar alarm makes your home safer, which can decrease your homeowner's insurance premiums by as much as 25%. These savings can go toward further increasing safety measures around your home and property.
5. Burglar Alarms Can Bring Peace-of-Mind: There is no substitution for the peace of mind provided by burglar alarms and security systems.
How Can You Get a Burglar Alarm?
What is the best way to go about buying and installing a burglar alarm? You can find options online and potentially install your security system yourself. However, choosing to DIY your alarm, potential issues may not be revealed until it is too late. You do not want to learn the hard way that you missed a step or crossed a wire. The best way to get your burglar alarm is to trust the installation to an experienced professional security company.
In the foothills and piedmont of North Carolina, Integrity Security is your trusted team of burglar alarm experts. We are here to walk you through your options and professionally install your burglar alarm. All you have to do is get in touch, and we will help you have the peace of mind of knowing you are protecting what matters most. Contact us to get started with your burglar alarm system today.